Frequently Asked Questions

My Unique Ceremony


How long before our wedding do we do the paperwork?

Your Marriage Celebrant must receive a completed Notice of Intended Marriage form at least one month before the wedding. It can be lodged up to 18 months before the date of your wedding.

What documentation do you need to see?

Your original Birth Certificates or Passports, and a current photo ID are required for both parties.
If either party has been previously married, you must provide an original of your final divorce papers or a Death Certificate.

How many witnesses do we need?

You need two people as witnesses who speak and understand English, that are at least 18 years of age.

What happens if there are people around where we plan to hold our Ceremony?

If you have approval from the relevant Council to hold your Ceremony, you have the right to ask them to move. I am happy to do this on your behalf!

What happens if we need to postpone our wedding?

No problem. The Notice of Intended Marriage is valid for 18 months, if you need to postpone further another Notice Of Intended Marriage can be filled out.

What will you wear?

I will dress to suit the style and theme of your Wedding. If you have a preference, let me know, it’s your day not mine!

What would happen if you were to get sick?

Rest assured, I will attend to your Ceremony! In the event that I am severely ill, I have a wonderful group of celebrants I can call on who would perform your ceremony.

How long does a ceremony last?

Most ceremonies will be between 15 and 20 minutes, depending on the content of the ceremony.

Does the bride have to be given away?

No, this is not a legal requirement so it is entirely up to you. If you choose to be given away, it can be by parents, children or friends, the choice is yours.

Will you travel for my wedding?

Absolutely! I will travel anywhere in Australia to perform your ceremony, if it is more than an hour from my home we can negotiate travel expenses.

Can I include my pet in the Ceremony?

Yes of course! We can work out a safe way to include your fur friend in the ceremony and not just the photos.

Contact Me

Joanne McLennan

Member of Australian Federation of Civil Celebrants Inc.

Supporting Marriage Equality

Phone, Email & Address

0412 121 091 (int: +61-412-121-091)

25 Toolona Street, Tugun, 4224

Send Me a Message

Please Note

To marry at a Gold Coast beach or park, you must obtain approval from the City of Gold Coast. Bookings are in 2 hour increments, and park bookings incur a small fee.

If you are planning a beach wedding click below,

If you are planning a park wedding click below,

Weddings outside of the Gold Coast area may incur a travel fee.

Follow Me